19 Mar 2013

Sta-Sof-Fro Marula Oil


Over a year ago I was doing a bit of online research on my old school soft 'n' free lotion and found these products by the same company, so I decided to give them a try.

They were so much nicer than the soft 'n' free, these products smelt more pleasant and had a nicer consistency. My hair felt stronger and shinier after using the lotion although I'm not to sure if the spray did anything. The lotion didn't really define my curl pattern so when I put this product in before wearing my hair in a bun my hair would come out in looser less frizzy waves. I think what drew me to these in the first place was the name Marula. It just sounded so intriguing and quite pretty. The description of the product explained that Marula oil actually comes from the Marula fruit which grows in Africa. 

This then led me towards doing a little research on marula oil and I found some really interesting facts. It is a multi-purpose oil that can be used on hair and skin and it apparently has healing properties. Thus I became obsessed with it and wanted to buy the pure oil by itself. This however is very expensive and difficult to find. It's probably one of the most expensive oils I've come across but I did buy a little treatment bottle from hollywood beauty which wasn't 100% pure but it smelled gorgeous. I really would like to try the swazi-land range of marula oil products as their's seem the most trustworthy, being the place the fruit originally comes from and the trade being very fair for the people growing it. 

I was quite happy with these products from sta-sof-fro but they were discontinued which was really upsetting for me as I thought I had finally found a really good staple product. Not only that but the Motions marula oil range was also discontinued so I couldn't even turn to that as an alternative.

I haven't tried too many oils as of yet but I have a feeling it will probably stay as one of my favourites regardless. It smells lovely, has some wonderful properties and also the name is very pretty <3. Sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference.