28 Apr 2013

Boots essential curl cream


This stuff is DA BOMB !!! and I'm not even joking. A little miracle in a 250ml tub for £1.29, total bargain! It may look small but trust me you do not need that much.

It does have a thick sticky consistency and is somewhere between a gel/wax or a cream and the fact that it is pink is just even better :) <3

I apply it to damp hair after using a bit of leave in conditioner. I rub a small amount between my fingertips and smooth it down my hair in sections. No twisting or manipulating just smoothing it down and maybe a bit of finger de-tangling, and oh boy are my curls defined!!!

I have never had a product that makes my curls look so lovely without even trying. I get lovely little ringlets so effortlessly which would otherwise require me twisting small sections of hair bit by bit for hours. 

It does leave my hair crunchy but after a few hours of goofing around like I usually do or even sitting down the crunch disappears. I can also get rid of the crunch by diffusing or simply fluffing my hair a bout with my fingers.

It may look flat at first but my hair always manages to volumise by itself after an hour or so. This product does not weigh my hair down and does not dry it out however it doesn't seem to have any moisturising properties. This is a product purely for styling. However I must say that this probably isn't suitable for curl patterns in the type 4 range or anything looser than 2b. This product enhances the natural curl pattern and won't magically make 4a hair look like 3c or 2a look like 2b. What it does is help kinky patterned hair  clump together and form ringlets/spirals 

I've also noticed I have less frizz on the first day. Usually I have a fluffy halo forming around my head but with this product my curls stay put until I naughtily sleep on a cotton pillowcase :S

Even after that my curls are decent for another two days and I refresh them by putting in some leave in conditioner and whippin' ma hair back 'n' forth. Or I could just finger detangle and reapply which I haven't really done too many times because I prefer to co-wash and have fresh hair to work with.

Does what it says on the tub and more...

Boots Essentials Curl Creme is a natural looking control and defining creme to smooth away frizziness and hold your curls.

Product Attributes: definition, shine, frizz control, anti-humectant, sun protectant

I am not sure about the shine attribute as my hair has a healthy but subtle sheen to it anyway. Whether this is due to my conditioner/leave-in or this product I do not know.


Not only that but the ingredients are totally curly girl friendly...

Aqua, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, PVP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, polyquaternium-10, parfum, benzophenone-3, citric acid, sodium hydroxide, C1 14700

Ingredient Attributes: silicone free, sulfate free, paraben free, protein free, glycerin free

The product does not build up because it is free of silicones and it also won't be giving me cancer any time soon because it is free of parabens. It can also be used all throughout the year in dry and humid weather because it is free of glycerin.

This product is just too good. The only downfall is the crunchiness and lack of moisture but I will be continuing to use this as nothing else has reliably kept my curls under control and looking so fabulous!! xxxx <3