22 Oct 2013

Burts Bees Lip balms


After my disappointment with the Nivea lip balms I continued my quest to find natural moisturising lip balms and possibly some tinted lip balms.

Burt's bees had all that to offer and more so say hello to my army of lip balms!!!


I didn't intend on making them look like soldiers in formation but they make a pretty good defence don't they??? Intimidating for anyone with a phobia of chap-sticks, which I used to have believe it or not!


These are around £3-4 in boots but are on offer at 3 for the price of 2. Most of the Burt's Bees products are on the pricey side but I swear they are worth it. They are instantly moisturising, and have natural ingredients. There are many other flavours and scents but I bought three in the flavours Mango, Pomegranate, and Grapefruit shown respectively in the photos above and below. 


They are equally moisturising and don't taste of anything but the Mango and Grapefruit smell delicious. I'm not too keen on the pomegranate flavour and probably won't buy it again. In terms of moisture these really do rival the Blistex Lip Brilliance lip balm however these balms don't have any pigment which is where these babies come in.......


What you are about to witness is the Burt's Bees tinted lip balms. Whilst your down there pouring all over the pics just take a moment to appreciate the attention to detail on the packaging which I think is awesome!!


The lip balms are tucked away in a tube within another tube that looks like a bigger version of the lip balm!!!! How cool is that??!!! It really does feel like your paying for a quality product when each individual lip balm is packaged like that :)


And they don't just look good quality they actually do a great job too. They are just as moisturising as the regular lip balms but give a hint of colour which shows up reasonably well. You don't need to slap on kilos of the stuff to get some pigment, just a small amount is needed. I only bought three colours but there's a few more. I bought these online for £4.73 each and they are totally worth it.


Here is what they look like in the tube with the corresponding names on the packaging.


This is my first ever swatch that I have posted!! :) I tried to get a picture that closely matched what they look like in real life (at least to me anyways). From left to right is Rose, Red Dahlia, and Hibiscus. My favourite is Rose because it looks the most natural and the most flattering to my skin tone and face. Rose and Hibiscus look very similar when swatched but on the lips Hibiscus is a little more of an orangy red colour, at least it seems that way on my lips. When looking at other people's swatches I thought Hibiscus would be my favourite but Rose has more of a pink tone to it which I personally prefer.

Overall these lip balms are amazing. There are so many flavours and colours that there is something to please almost everyone. The only downfall is that none of these balms have SPF so I will still be on the hunt for a lip balm that can provide that for me!!!

Hope you enjoyed reading!

xxxxxxxxxxx