19 Nov 2013

I LoveThe LOC Method and My New Face Cream

Apparently I've lost my knack for rambling and nattering so hopefully this post will be short and sweet......

.......or not :)

This is the Cloud Nine Day cream by a brand called Mother Earth.


I bought this off beauty naturals for £12.95 which, when I think about it, is very pricey for such a small jar. However it is 100% natural and one of the most natural products I've ever used. There is also a matching night cream however the ingredients are practically the same so I didn't see the point in bothering. The same goes for the raindrops and roses cream from this brand which I am yet to try. This face cream contains orange blossom extract however the orange scent isn't very strong. My sister and mother both think it smells like butter and it does actually look and feel like butter. My mom even had a go at tasting it which I DO NOT recommend!! Here are the ingredients:

shea butter, almond oil (prunus dulcis), carrot oil (daucus carota), elderflowers (sambucus nigra), yarrow (achillea millefolia), neroli (citrus aurantium) & tangerine (citrus reticulata) essential oils, borax, grapefruit seed extract, zinc oxide. Hand made in the Lake District from the highest quality natural ingredients

I could tell by the ingredients and the buttery feel of the cream that it would feel oily and most people say not to use oily moisturisers on oily skin but this has worked wonderfully for me. I do however like to blot with oil blotting sheets before applying my BB cream in the morning but having this cream underneath does not make my skin look any more or less greasy than usual throughout the day.


It even has natural sunscreen which amazing since it's so difficult to get sun protection without risky synthetic ingredients. It claims to make the skin look more radiant and it honestly does. If I skip a night without applying this to my face I can see the consequences when I wake up in the morning; visible pores and dull, dry, tired looking skin. This cream is thick and rich and it just feels so pampering to smooth it onto my skin. I'm surprised that something so thick and rich can be suitable for day and night-time use. This is by far my favorite moisturiser at the moment. 


Found this gem in home bargains at the same time I found the Gum Hair double cream conditioner.
I think it's £2.99 but I can't really remember. This conditioner is the Gum Hair super-rich conditioner with Moroccan Argan Oil. This conditioner is so DARN GOOD THICK and moisturising and I really wasn't expecting it to be so good. I'm glad there was a pump dispenser otherwise I would ave tried to apply too much at once. The pump only lets out a small bit of conditioner at a time and I use a maximum of 3 separate sets of 4 pumps to cover my hair. Considiering my hair is very thick 12 pumps isn't much. 

Just to put into context how thick this is, I tried to co-wash with this and getting this stuff to my scalp was impossible but after only being in my hair for a minute when i rinsed it out my hair was like silk. I actually think this conditioner might be a bit too moisturising as my hair has started to become overly stretchy when saturated with water. I may have to do a protein treatment soon if this carries on :D

If you ever try any of the gum hair products it's easy to see how they are salon quality and why they are so pricey, but knowing that I can get them for a fraction of retail price is just fantastic XD


Yup that's olive oil you're seeing, not special olive oil, just regular olive oil from my local co-operative. I don't know why I was so reluctant to use this on my hair. It was probably because of my fear of putting anything food related on my head unless it's come from the cosmetic aisle. I was running out of options with argan oil being so expensive and other commonly used oils difficult to come by, so this bottle came home with one day in a co-operative shopping bag ready to be tested. 

I have re-used the glass pump bottle that was originally storing my argan oil. There was no way I could use the olive oil straight from its big plastic bottle because knowing me it would go everywhere. This little glass bottle with the pump was much more convenient :)

Oil wise it does the job. It locks in moisture and helps maintain my curls. It does have that well known fruity smell but once its in my hair it doesn't leave any kind of horrid scent that I have experienced in the past with other oils. I have to say that the olive oil doesn't lock in moisture for as long as the argan oil does but it's cheaper and more convenient to buy. Over all I'm happy to use this as my regular oil and don't have any problems with it :)

Hope you enjoyed reading.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx