25 Apr 2014

My Easter Holidays

Yay!! I've Finally gotten around to writing this post, even though it's been almost a week since Easter finished I'd like to share with you all the treats that were involved in my Easter....


The first treats involved were these carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I was super excited to make these as I didn't think I would be brave enough to do them until next year. They were easier to make than I expected but the only thing that would put me off making them regularly is grating the carrot. Let me tell you, grating 300g of carrot is no joke and takes forever but it's all worth it when your cake mix actually smells like carrot cake.


 I added cinnamon but no mixed spice as I wasn't exactly sure what it was or were to find it in the Supermarket. The cupcakes definitely needed that extra kick and I probably should have added nutmeg but the cream cheese frosting was so tasty I don't think anyone really noticed.





I've been meaning to show how I pipe my icing and I do it using this very big syringe looking device. I've never liked the idea of using an old-fashioned piping bag as it looks rather messy, so I was very excited to see this for around £6-7 in T.K. Maxx. It's got several different nozzles that you can use to make different types of shapes when Icing. I've definitely had loads of fun using it.




I ordered myself two Easter egg bath bombs from lush as I had been dying to try them since last Easter. I ordered both the fluffy egg and the immaculate eggception in pink however I gave the bigger egg to my Mom to cheer her up as she was being grumpy mere. It cheered her up for one afternoon but by the next day she reverted to being moody again, (maybe I shouldn't have bothered). So thus, I was left with the little pink fluffy egg, but big things do come in little packages, and in this particular package was a lot of PINK!!!



This particular bath bomb had a scent that was exactly identical to that of those old retro sweets most of us knew as Love Hearts <3. It took a lot of mental will power not to eat or even lick the bath bomb because it really did smell that good!!


I added some bubble bath because as I have mentioned before, baths are boring without bubbles, and there is no such thing as too many bubbles. I think Pink Is my favourite bath colour at the moment and it really does have an effect on my mood. I don't know what it is about lush bath bombs but they all have this magical power of unwinding one's mind. They really do help me to relax :)


I mentioned In an earlier Post that I had decorated a plastic egg with The Little Mermaid theme in mind and entered it into the Easter egg competition at work. I'm chuffed to say that I won!!! Although I must admit I may have had the upper hand being as though it was little girls judging the eggs who would have definitely appreciated anything that was Disney Princess. The following is what I won In my prize bag........


A pink bunny egg cup which is far too cute to eat from so I'm using it to store my jewellery.





These two wind up and hop along if you press them down, they're so cute and good for a race.




Given that Rise of the Guardians is one of my favourite movies (possibly due to deep crush I have on Jack Frost) I was chuffed to see it in my Prize bag.

I couldn't believe how much stuff I had won, I felt well and truly spoilt :), of course my 6 year old sister ended up having the fluffy toys and the bubble wand but the rest is for me to enjoy.


I did some baking with my little sisters yesterday and one of them came up with the idea of making Oreo Brownies. I thought this idea was a little crazy but I'm glad she suggested it because they were absolutely delicious.


It reminds me of Ancient Greek ruins when I look at these photos because the 'destroyed' Oreo chunks are just poking out of the ground, or maybe these are underwater ruins poking out of brownie flavoured sand :)

I will definitely be making these again but maybe I will add more cocoa powder and sugar as they weren't as flavoursome as I would have preferred.


Hope you enjoyed reading!! :)

xxxxxxxxxxx