3 May 2014

Hot Belgian Chocolate but No Hot Belgian Blokes -_-

In a post that I wrote almost a year ago I mentioned my love for Hot chocolate. I also mentioned that I may post my thoughts on all the brands and flavours I have tried. I never thought I would actually do this but here I am with several sachets of options hot chocolate that I was drawn to whilst grocery shopping.


I have already shared my love for the original chocolate flavour which is already rich but the picture above shows the chocolate indulgence version which Is even richer and absolutely divine to drink. The packaging has also changed since the last time I bought this tub. The last time there was an elaborate golden pattern which looked very pretty against the dark chocolate brown background. Now there is a lot more gold and whilst it's not as pretty it's more eye-catching and as a magpie with an eye for shiny things this makes it easier for me to spot my favourite hot chocolate :)


These are the sachets that I bought but I am missing a few flavours from the indulgence range. Maybe If ASDA decide to stock those too I will have a chance to try them :)

Mint: far right in the green
I have tried this flavour before, many years ago in fact and I love in now just as much as I liked it in the past. The hint of mint reminds me of after-eights and is rather refreshing. My sister however does not share the same appreciation for the mint flavour and she described the taste as being comparable to the drinking the regular chocolate flavour after brushing your teeth with minty toothpaste. I suppose this may gave the same effect but it certainly wouldn't taste as pleasant.

Chocolate Brownie:
Vile............vile is all I can say. It tastes reasonably okay and has a slight hint of coffee which may be great for coffee lovers but as I am not of the coffee loving kind I simply do not find this particular flavour enjoyable to drink. The smell is even worse, it definitely smells like brownies but brownies of the burnt kind. I was really disappointed which this sachet as I thought I would like this flavour the most.

Hazelnut:
I don't have a picture of this as I bout a tub months ago. It was tried once buy each member of my family including myself hand has since been abandoned. I love hazelnuts and I love chocolate hazelnut milk so I was surprised to find that I didn't like the hazelnut Hot chocolate. The hazelnut flavour was just to powerful and so overwhelming that I could not enjoy the drink and I certainly won't be buying this flavour again.


 I will update once I have tried any of the other sachets but for now that's all from me.

Hope you enjoyed reading!!! :)

xxxxxxxx